Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Reader Response

Suzanne Collins is an amazing writer; she keeps the reader’s attention from beginning of the book to the very end. I viewed a bunch of reviews probably way more than I need to, but so many people seemed to be effected by the book and I found them all very interesting and I could connect or see how they felt a certain way.  While looking at reviews on the Amazon website I felt a lot of the readers had some sort of fear after reading The Hunger Games. One reader wrote about how they felt like there was hidden cameras watching them everywhere they went, and how that could be connected to how we live today with the government being able to watch someone without their permission. Or even tap into a person’s phone line and listen to their conversations and the person would never have a clue. It’s scary how similar some of the book is with the way we live today. The Barnes and Noble reviews that I read seemed to deal more with not being able put the book down. The readers wanted to keep reading but a lot of them found parts of the book to be a bit brutal and were not prepared for that. I felt that way to with all three of her books once I finished one I had to start the next one right away. At times I did have to walk away from the book because I could not read the harsher scene. Before this book I read mostly love stories or stories that would have a bit of a mystery to them but nothing that had any gore to them. The Goodreads website the readers seemed to make fun of the book. I saw a lot of pictures with silly captions about the book. I personally do not think I would use Goodreads before the other two sites to get book reviews off of. It did have some good reviews and I only looked at the first ten that showed up on my computer. Overall I believe readers either liked this book or hated it. Very few reviews showed something in the middle. I would personally give this book a rating of 4 stars and would recommend it to someone looking for a different type of book with a story line that keeps you thinking the whole way through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment